Umunna Legal Group attorneys advise on all types of commercial projects and transactions.
When the need arises for Jacksonville-Area attorneys to assist with the acquisition and sale of existing improved properties to development, construction, operation, and management of complex multi-use projects; from relatively straightforward retail shopping center leases to complex large-scale ground leases and ground lease financings; and from assemblage and development of master-planned residential, golf, and other resort communities to acquisition and sale of industrial property portfolios. ULG also works with non commercial clients that want counsel in buying their first home or a small investment property Knowing each transaction is unique, our attorneys focus on finding creative and innovative responses to any unusual requirements or opportunities our clients face.
Our attorneys are asked to advise on all phases of a transaction, including structuring and negotiating the deal, performing or coordinating due diligence reviews, generating documentation, and overseeing the closing. Beyond this, we typically continue to provide services to our clients after closing, on matters such as construction, development, management, leasing, refinancing, and sale. Our clients see and benefit from the leadership, experience, and business judgment that ULG attorneys bring to their real estate and related business transactions.
Some of the services offered by our real estate attorneys are listed below:
- Developing basic business strategies and objectives
- Advising clients on acquisition, development, operation, and disposition of major real estate projects
- Structuring ownership and financing transactions using vehicles such as limited liability companies, partnerships, joint ventures, and ground leases
- Reviewing and analyzing construction contracts, architectural and engineering contracts, and owner and contractor claims
- Analyzing, performing and assisting in due diligence, negotiating, documenting, and closing acquisitions and sales of improved and unimproved property
- Refinancing and restructuring of non-performing financing obligations
- Negotiating and drafting development agreements, management agreements, condominium documents, easements, restrictive covenants and other agreements related to the development of real estate